Looking at the 15 year trend analysis, as outlined on our Champion Hurdle page:
- SP > 33/1 are 0 wins from 53 (Rules out Identity Thief / John Constable / Charli Parcs)
- Aged 5 – 9 years. Outside this range are 0 wins from 19 (Rules out Faugheen)
- Finished in first 4 on previous run. Outside range 0 wins from 41 (Rules out Melon / Yorkhill)
- Most recent run in hurdle race (not chase, nhf, maiden, novices, handicap). Those not 0 wins from 38
- Days since last run 21 to 90. Outside range 0 wins from 25 (Rules out Wicklow Brave)
- Between 1 to 5 runs this season. Outside this range are 0 wins from 18
- Days since last win 21 to 180. Outside range 0 wins from 64 (Rules out Ch’Tibello)
That leaves just 3 selections for the race. Of those the obvious standout winner is Buveur D’Air, but his odds are vert restrictive @ 8/13, but if you fancy a flutter at a bigger price, Elgin and Mick Jazz also fit the trends.
Currently Elgin is trading around 16/1, with Betfair offering 22/1. Mick Jazz is trading at 33/1, although Betfair and a few other bookmakers are currently offering 40/1. If his SP is as high as 40/1 it will be outside the above filters.