At The Races
Dedicated horse racing channel broadcasting via digital satellite and cable television, free daily live races from the UK and Ireland.
The company is majority owned by racecourses and operates through a joint venture partnership between BSkyB and Arena Leisure Plc.
In addition to their TV coverage they also have an online video player that allows you to watch live horse racing via the Internet. They currently charge a subscription of £9.99 a month for this service.
You can however view for free race replays (available within minutes after the race), news clips and video features.
The At The Races web site also provides a host of other useful information, including horse racing news, racecards, odds comparison and race results.
The site includes a number of horse racing features such as Talking Horses that takes a weekly look at the racing scene, Stable Tours and Northern spotlight.
It also includes a 7 day program guide of what’s coming on At The Races.
They often produce specific micro sites for the big horse racing festivals, such as Cheltenham and Royal Ascot.
Horse Racing Betting Information
In addition to the live horse racing coverage, the ATR web site also includes the following free information to help you get the most from your betting:
- Daily horse racing tips from Hugh Taylor. With each of his best bets, he includes a write-up as to why he thinks the horse will do well and a stake amount on a scale of 1 – 5 points;
- Speed ratings for each of the races by Lawrence Taylor, who also highlights his nap of the day and his speed 6 to follow;
- Selections for Irish racing from Gary O’Brien, again with a stake amount on a scale of 1 – 5 points;
- Shortlist of horses to follow from the last seven days;
- Form guides available, for every race in the UK and Ireland, as pdf files that you can print and take with you when you’re not at your PC;
- Market Movers, including the top 10 steamers and drifters, plus price movements and graphical swing for all horses in each race;
- A draw guide to each of the turf tracks in the UK and Ireland is provided by David Renham.
US Horse Racing Coverage
ATR provides full racecards for all US racing, including form, jockey and trainer details as well as their betting forecast.At The Races,